CLIMATE CHANGE CAMPAIGN COP21
The Green Economics Institute Delegation to COP 21
We had our own delegation to COP Kyoto Climate Conference COP 21 in December 2015 in Paris and were very active at the conference
Nominations will be open shortly if you wish to attend COP22 in Marakesh in November 2016, and we will be sending them to the UNFCC for our delegation and we will shortly know who has been authorised to attend. We will be pressing for a solution to be found and a global agreement. We want to have 1.5 tonnes of carbon per person ideally in the not too distant future to try to roll back the tide of climate change, warming and sea level rise. We have had a delegation every year since COP15. We runn Pre COP Climate Change Events shortly before each one, so please email email@example.com to register your interest and to reserve a place and we will issue more details shortly
Report -9th December 2014
A) the climate finance challenge as private Actors should be the main Actors of the investment process while the governments lead the negotiations B) the educational challenge both between children. Young people and professionals in order to improve learning and teaching for environment and disasters Risk reduction. The role of UNICEF and UNESCO was highlighted
C) the investment challenge for promoting a los carbono economy. A delegate from Oecd said that the problemas is not technology but policy as ut seems to be a desarticulation between the ministry of environment and the ministries of economy and finance.
My general impressionante is that the general critique relies on the lack of articulation between governments and the private sector in order to promote changes in investment patterns and education towards a green economy
Report by Professor Maria Madi in Lima Peru at Cop 20.
The Green Economics Insitute is leading a delegation to COP 20 Kyoto Climate Change Conference in Lima Peru, our Head of Delegation is Michelle S Gale de Oliveira our Director, with Professor Peter Yang from the USA and China with Professor Graciela Chichilnisky, creator of the Carbon Market in the Kyoto Protocol and Kanupriya Bagat from India. In our international and multicultural delegation there will be people from all corners of the world, as well as many experts and Professors and activists and scientists, specialists in environmental impact assessment, award winning economists of all kinds, Brazilians, Americans from the north and the south. Worlds First Solar Flight
The COP 17 Kyoto Climate Conference finished with an urgent need to reach agreement for a successor to the Kyoto Protocol. Please ensure you ask your representatives at all levels, local, regional and national and international government to ensure they are pressing for this to happen!
Hurricanne Sandy and a $20 billion bill: The economics footprint of climate change.
Factor it into your calculations and ensure your teachers, politicians and government does too
The Green Economics Institute is thinking about the people of America suffering from the worst storm for years. The increase in storms of this kind is a footprint of climate change and yet in the election campaign neither side are even mentioning this important issue
There is a COP 20 Kyoto Conference now in Peru for which we are registered at the Institute. This episode of climate change will cost a reputed $60 billion and so no account of economics can be complete without factoring in what is happening to the climate. Please ensure you keep this in mind if you are an economist or in government and when voting.
Without any climate Treaty- the world will absolutely have to go for rationing of CO2. The choice is stark - with the warmest winter on record and droughts in Africa and unprecedented global weather patterns, melting Polar Ice Caps, no snow in the Alpine resorts- how much more evidence do people need to see what is happening all around the planet?
Green Economics Institute Stall at Oxford Green Fair
We are also launching special issue of the journal - specially on climate change with a range of top experts, including the author of the nobel prize winning IPCC report and Kyoto, as well as in the same series an article by Lord Nicholas Stern author of the Stern Review. Top economists and specialists in energy industry structure, wind solar oil, and many others, as well as ways of remodelling the macro economy and assessment of climate change policy articles are all featured.
If you would like to find out more about our delegation and to support our climate change work and also if you would like to invite us to speak at your side event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Green Economics Institute had a delegation to the Paris COP 21 Conference of the UNFCC in 2015.
- Green Economics Books Catalogue 2017
- Calendar of Events 2016Green Economics Institute
- COP video of highlights from UNFCC
- COP 21 Debrief-The Inside Story
- COP21 blog The Green Economics Institu
- Climate Conference Update Day 6 Cop21 Paris
- COP21 Paris Climate Talks
- THe Rt Hon Djana Bejko Minister of the Environment Albania
- More emissions cheating hurts everyone
- Flooding in southern europe
- COP21 Paris Climate Talks Support our Delegation
- Climate Change trigger for refugee crisis
- COP21 Paris climate talks sticking points
- Climate Disaster - one step nearer
- Global warming accelerates 2015
- Freshwater crisis in Sao Paolo
- Shale gas information
- Climate change causing bats suffering in Australia
- Climate arguments in run up to Lima
- Sea level rise in the USA what it would look like
- New CO2 High
- Climate Change- worst is yet to come
- Climate Change is upon us- !Lord Stern speaks this week
- Bibilical scale flooding feb10th2014
- dead bats due to heatwave in Australia
- Our carbon warrior
- Climate Change Posting
- COP 19 Report from Warsaw on the climate change negotiations
- Coaland Poland: Shocking host of COP 19
- Climate Philipines- harsh reality and hunger strike at COP 19
- GEI on BBC discussing climate change
- 50 top companies emit 37% of the worlds greenhouse gases
- Corporate power v citizens
- Fukishima serious leak into the ocean
- Dark Ice- climate change -ice melt June 2013
- Heat spike unprecedented warming
- Doha COP18 Climate Kyoto Conference
- Flood Alerts: Covering huge swathes of the UK
- Hurricane Sandy $20 billion climate change bill!
- Brand new Energy Book!
- Acceleration of warming and EL Nino 2012?
- Uk Feed in Tarrifs fiasco
- NASA predicts 82 metres sea level rise !
- Last minute agreement in COP 17 Durban
- Kyoto Durban Climate talks
- COP 17 Durban: urgent need for agreement
- Kyoto climate talks
- COP 17 Durban Kyoto Protocol Conference December 2011
- FeeTarrifs blocked in UK
- Green Economics and Climate Change: Book
- Durban COP17
- Durban COP17
- Frack off earthquakes
- Frack off -stop fracking now
- Global warming confirmed by new science
- nuclear accident in france tricastin
- nuclear 2011 dangers from radiation and wifi
- Wangri Matthai
- Eurozone domino effect of the crisis
- hydorgen highway in the UK
- Nigerian climate change impacts and politics
- Financial effects of el nino and la ninja
- Tracking storms like Hurricane Irene
- Murdochs role in climate gate ! Murdochs role in the climate gate scandal -is absolutely disgusting and affects everyone and everything on the planet !
- The Age of Green EconomicsThe Age of Green Economics
- COP15 analysis Monika FrassoniMonika Frassoni analysis COP15 climate conference
- Stern ReportReview of the Stern Report
- Mayer HillmanCampaign for a sensible future in energy and transport lifestyles
- On the trail of Ansell AdamsKevin Jones: The national Parks of the USA and Canada Latest photos Copywrited (c) Kevin Jones
- Climate Change Act November 2008Climate Change Law in the UK
- Environmental refugees MaldivesFirst nation of environmental refugees
- Climate solutions november 2008climate
- Carbon trading a mockeryPrice of carbon fallen through the floor
- Clean development mechanismKyoto issues
- Climate actionsClimate actions
- Stern follow up conferenceFollow up to Stern - Human Dimension
- Climate newsclimate news
- Climate changeClimate change and climate instability
- Climate instability Carbon Tax in New Zealand